Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Sincerest Form of Flattery

Days Until Bush Leaves Office = 481

Imagine my surprise when a Google alert hit my in box this morning containing a blog post by "iPol" all about candidate of the week - wait for it - Ron Paul.

Odd. Had I been blogging for looney GOP pseudo-candidates in my sleep? Had I been taken over, ala Invasion of the Body Snatchers, by some bio-propagating variant of the Ron Paul botnet worm?

No. Rather, it seems someone in France, of all places, has decided to launch a blog about the 2008 presidential campaign and accrete it to the name iPol, calling it iPol in America.

It is an ancient saying that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But just the same, I would rather my friends in France had staked out their own web territory instead of infringing on mine.

So, just to make it clear: there is no affiliation between my site and this French impostor. And, in the hope of fostering an entente cordiale with the French site, I'll go the extra mile and unilaterally pledge to forgo covering French politics, and ask only that they reciprocate on American politics.

De toute façon, mes affaires font mal au cul! Ne joue pas avec moi.

(pardon my French)

No comments:

 
Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites